5 simple style steps for Mother of the Bride
- COMFORT IS KEY! The golden rule for the mother of the bride’s outfit is “be true to yourself”. You should wear something that makes you comfortable and makes you look good; you want your daughter to feel proud of you, after all.
- RECRUIT HELP! If the bride has a color theme in mind, it is important that she includes you in it. If the bride is not available to go shopping, I would recommend you take a good friend whose taste you respect or even if you’re close with a bridesmaid. A second opinion is invaluable.
- USE YOUR HEAD (OR NOT)! Hat or fascinator? If protocol requires it- or if you love wearing hats and they suit you-then why not? If the wedding is more informal, and you never wear hats, then why make yourself feel- and possibly even look- awkward on such an important day?
- SPEND WHERE IT COUNTS! Treat yourself to professional hair and make-up- though do make sure that they bring out the best of you and not turn you into someone no one recognizes!
- BUY’N’DYE! Your daughter’s wedding is a great excuse to splash out on some designer shoes, like Louboutin’s classic ‘simple pump’ in ivory ($615 brownsfashion.com). You could then dye them to match the color of your outfit.